My adventures in baking continue! Thankfully, I am able to send most of my concoctions to work with Marc, so we don’t have to eat all of this stuff by ourselves. This week, I decided to modify this recipe for Nutella cookies that I found last week. They turned out great!
What You’ll Need (Makes about 48 large cookies)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup peanut butter. If you’re allergic to peanut butter, just add more Nutella instead.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- OPTIONAL 1/3 cups shredded coconut. I like the taste and texture of coconut and it went well with this recipe. I also considered adding butterscotch chips, but thought it would be too many chips. In the future, I might use half the amount of chocolate chips and add 1/4 cup of butterscotch too.
Let’s get started!
- Combine brown sugar, Nutella, peanut butter, chocolate chips, agave, egg, baking soda and coconut and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet. They will flatten out while baking, so be sure to space them out accordingly.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. When I took them out of the oven, they were gooey, but they became crunchier as they cooled. If you like your cookies a little softer, bake for a few minutes less.